Who we were then & who we are now;
The club was created in 1955 when after leaving school a group of local youths wishing to continue their school team met in a local park to have a ‘kick about’. They decided to form a new group and approached an established local side for use of their pitch. This was granted on the condition they could provide their own goalposts, with this in place Blaby Boys FC was formed.
Our current facility opened in 1964 and was named Blaby & Whetstone Boys Club. Since those days, the club has embarked on a journey of continuous development, combining our strong football roots with the valuable youth work that we provide to the district of Blaby.
Having a brand new centre and having gone through a re-branding process in 2013, changing the clubs name to Blaby & Whestone Activity Centre. We believe that it is important that we use our buildings facilities to its full potential offering a wide range of services that the local community can benefit from and enjoy.
With the continual growth of our youth club and football team membership we are confident that the centre will be a hub for generations to come and the services we have to offer will develop and expand.
The Blaby & Whetstone Activity Centre
is the local hub for all residents!